Feb 8, 2007

hana yori dango

or otherwise known as meteor garden has once again got me stuck on youtube.

okay, go ahead and laugh, there i see some of you already rolling on the floor, with that look of disbelief and contempt, your faces screaming at me, "F4?? You LIKE F4??"

hey, I like the story! and f4 just happens to be a part of it, at least i'm not crazy enough to buy air tickets just so that i can be in the baggage collection area and meet them, maybe just a teensy weensy bit crazy to write about them. here. of all places.

how do i know i like the story, well, it's cheesy, it has love triangles and others say squares, actually i don't really know. but it sure brings back secondary school memories. all my class photos, at least my lower secondary ones have something to do with meteor garder, or 流星花园, or that person rocks, or this person rocks.

and in my autograph book, fuyoo, there's heaps of pictures all about f4, and at that time, lilo and stitch, which was premiering in cinemas.

but i'm pretty surprised at myself as well. over the 2-3 years, i've collected the hana yori dango manga set, almost all of it, i think i'm missing 7 books? mind you that out of 36. say 1 book was around 5-6 dollars. but i must say, it's money well spent. easy for me to say because it isn't mine.

i still remember when my dad's business wasn't doing so well one time, he wasn't too worried about it, i was. because i was afriad that i couldn't buy anymore manga. so i asked him, "does this mean that i can't buy my manga anymore?" Without hesitation, my dad said, "of course not! Your daddy can afford it."

i say it's money well spent because up till now, i still read it. mostly when i'm in the toilet. i love the holidays, did i tell you that, though i think i might've spent most of it in the toilet. on my cherry blossom pink toilet bowl.

then came the taiwan drama. and f4 was the biggest craze among the girls. i can't say i was crazy, maybe mildly? i don't know. i wasn't gaga. but i did have a poster stuck up somewhere in my room.. like on the floor under my bed.

what is so appealing about it? eye candy, you can't leave that out. a young gusty girl who isn't like the rest of the other students. and an outta this world, hard to believe but you so want to believe kind of story. maybe it was true. who knows. all i know, is that the taiwan one was good. i love the days i spent at my friends house, watching it together, and then laughing at each other about liking f4, and then rolling our eyes at each other, like we didn't give a damn about f4, the fags we'd say.

now that the japan one is out, it's a whole lot better compared to the taiwan one. i tell you Japanese have a way of doing things, wrapping things, just basically everything that make it so, japanese. some anthropologist once said from her study of japanese that the Japanese have a way of setting themselves apart from asians, not just the rest of the world. they're asians, but so different from us asians! the way hana yori dango dorama is done, the setting, the flashy cars, the humongous house, and the planning of the story is siimilar to the taiwanese one, using the manga as a guide but with a whole lot more of spunk in it. the characters actually look like, and feel like they came out from the comic book itself.

ah.. hana yori dango 2 is out now, there are a few out there who share my mindless joy, and i thank you! for sticking with me and not backing down no matter what other people say. And like always, watching this dorama has made me want to learn japanese, same old story, but i believe i will one day,. i'll just watch all the japanese drama and very soon, i'll have the gift of the japanese gab. you think?

p.s. my toilet has wireless connection too

No comments: